Pronunciation Teacher Training Videos and Resources
In response to a facebook conversation today (thanks Janet, Aphro, Carolyn, Lesley) here is a selection of Pronunciation Teacher Training Videos and Resources for use with the Sound Foundations approach. If you search online you’ll also find other videos not mentioned below. The resources include articles, online pron charts, classroom wall pron charts, the app, and the book
1.. Series of 39 3-Minute teacher training videos This deals with each of the sounds in turn, a guide to the pron chart and how to use it, how to exploit the physicality of pronunciation, lots of teaching tips. Available to view free of charge here
2.. My talk on Proprioception in learning new sounds, words and connected speech is available on Youtube here Filmed at the British Council, London, in February 2015
3.. One Hour Sound Foundations teacher training video, plus various shorter extracts, is available to view here. Filmed at Oxford University
On this new Macmillan One Stop English page you can find the following:
– Videos, various shorter and longer Sound Foundations Videos
– Articles Recent articles on pronunciation teaching
– The Charts British and American English Interactive phonemic charts, with sounds and optional sample words. Classroom charts are also obtainable free from Macmllan ELT. Ask your local representative.
– The App Sounds: The Pronunciation App
– The Book Sound Foundations: Learning and Teaching Pronunciation
And of course check out this blog – you’re here now! www.adrianunderhill.com To date there are 80 posts containing usable insights into pronunication, how it works, how to turn pronunciation problems into good teaching, the physicality of pronunciation, and lots of practical lesson ideas,
I hope you find this short list of Pronunciation Teacher Training Videos and Resources of use.